Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today's Paradise, Ditch all your Shopping Carts

It takes a lot for ME of all people to say this, but damn, some people are just plain lazy. The latest proof of this comes from an early Sunday morning visit to Target. My wife decided to sit in the car with Liam while Reed and I went in to purchase a present. During that point, several observations about laziness were made.

Apparently, if you're a perfectly able bodied person, it takes too much effort to put a cart into the aptly named cart corals. There must be something about them that pushes people away, like some sort of mosquito repellent theoretically, but never practically, repels said mosquitoes. What was observed on this perfectly normal Sunday morn? Mothers with teenage daughters unloading their cart and just pushing it into an open space nearby. One girl even let her cart roll into another car, as if the cart were no more than a leaf fluttering down into a gently flowing brook. Somehow, I would put money on the fact that if somebodies shopping cart hit their vehicle they would pitch a fit and want to file charges on the nearest heathen who could perpetuate such an act of gross negligence.

Note: This is not from actual said incidents. Just a brief example.



So what creates this situation? Do people believe that it's simply too off-putting to spend their time putting a cart into a coral? Are they truly that lazy? Do they just have no care for other people who now have to deal with this obstruction? Do they not have the slightest appreciation to the hard work that the cart pushers at this store have to do, especially in this cold, snow-packed winter wonderland in which we live? Is their time simply too valuable to waste two seconds putting something into it's proper place? Heck, I'm negligent on that last one, but at least I do that in my own home. My bet would simply be, a bit of all of the above.

To me this shows a general lack of awareness in one's world. These are the people who are probably oblivious to the plight of others around them. People who probably thought, boy, that Obama makes good speeches, I bet he'll do something. Or maybe they're the people who say they agree with Rush Limbaugh's view on Haiti simply because they can't see past their own small world. These people probably aren't that interested in politics though, as that requires too much thought and would make their brains hurt. See? Even I can bring two opposing points of politics into my blog! Heck, I managed to bring politics into a post that has NOTHING to do with them. Go me!

I really think that my main point of contention is this. Stop being so damned lazy! Put your shopping carts where they belong and make life easier on the employees who earn far too little so that you can buy your damned Revlon for 20 cents cheaper. If you can't manage something so small and simple, maybe we shouldn't trust you with any other decisions you make in your way too important lives.
=-=-=-=-=
Powered by Bilbo Blogger


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. See, thats why I park next to the cart returns, I might have to walk a little further but its easier to return the cart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, we went as far as to THROW a cart into the coral once. That was more effort that most people will ever make at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS return mine. :-) And, sometimes, even other random carts.

    Angela :-)

    ReplyDelete